- 265,000 inhabitants;
- 14 percent employ in logistics;
- 55 million European consumers within 125 miles;
- Gross regional product about 7 billions euro (2008);
- Of which 30 percent logistics (national average 7,5 percent).
- 1,5 million square meters distribution centres;
- 300 ha / 740 acres large logistics sites availability.
- Up to 40 sustainable trimodal services into Europe;
- 2 barge terminals;
- 2 rail terminals (container and swap bodies);
- Cross roads for 12 million trucks annual on E-W and N-S main transport routes;
- 30 percent share of inland container via barge and rail;
- 1 out of 6 containers (maritime and continental) from mainport Rotterdam travels via Venlo;
- Bulk cargo by barge 3,0 million tons 2009;
- Barge connections:
- Rotterdam 10 times /week;
- Antwerp 4 times/week;
- Rotterdam 22 times a week;
- Milano 5 times a week.
House of knowledge institutes
- National Transport Academy, University of Applied Sciences;
- Supply Chain Campus University Maastricht.